Rossendale Community Directory exists to work with and for local communities.
This website is a shop window for Rossendale-based community groups to promote their services and connect with a wider audience, as well as to develop collaborative working with similar groups and services.
We are backed by social entrepreneurs who are passionate about their local area and have long worked to make it a better place to live and work.
Originally part of the REAL Directory programme, our roots are in building a better Rossendale, working with volunteers and partners to promote Rossendale as a place to live and work in the best interest of its community. We respect and value all differences and seek to learn and develop alongside our partners. We work for and with those who have the will, wish and vision to do good things in the community.
Our award-winning website started off as a resource for the Rossendale area and was expanded to the rest of East Lancashire CCG to form a network of community information websites across East Lancashire. Rossendale Community Directory is now a stand-alone project providing a real legacy for Rossendale.
Although not exclusive, the list below provides an indication of the types of organisations and information this website caters for.
- Community-based services and activities that meet their needs
- Social interaction opportunities and activities for all ages
- Social prescribing
- Directory of community groups in the area and links to their sites
- Opportunities to volunteer and support others
- Information, advice and guidance on health and wellbeing from our local PCNs
- Local authority information
- Foodbank organisations that help deal with food poverty
- Learning and development opportunities
- Financial advice and guidance (or links to professionals who can help)
- Funding links for community groups
- Support, advice and guidance for new community organisations
On these pages, you can find more information about the ‘Rossendale Community Directory’ but if you would like more information about any of our activities please do not hesitate to get in touch.