Show Menu

Enlarge website text: A A A

All the latest events and services direct to your inbox

Please fill in your details and preference below

I would like to receive updates via email from Rossendale Community Directory YES

You can find more details about the types of information we collect and what we do with it, in our Privacy Policy.


Your Rights and Other Useful Sources of Help and Information

If you want to work in the United Kingdom, you should check that your status allows you to do so before taking up employment. Not everyone who comes to the UK is allowed to work. More information can be found on the Home Office web site at:

Other Useful Information

policeThe Police Station in this area is:

  • Rossendale Police Station, Waterfoot, Bacup Road, Waterfoot BB4 7JA Tel: 01706 237367

Please contact the station direct for all non-emergency calls to the police or Lancashire Constabulary on 0845 125 3545. They will be able to deal with your enquiry and put you in touch with the right person. By contacting the station direct, you can help to make sure that the busy 999 system is available for genuine emergencies.

999 is the number to use when there is an emergency -for example, danger to life or a crime in progress. Please don’t use 999 for non-emergency calls.

The Equality & Human Rights Commission

The Commission has a mandate to challenge discrimination and to protect and promote human rights. They aim to uphold people’s rights, value,diversity and challenge intolerance and tackle areas where there is still unfair discrimination or where human rights are not being respected. If you feel that you are being unfairly treated you maywant to contact the Commission. Further information is available via their web site at

rossendale citizens adviceCitizen’s Advice

Citizens Advice – Rossendale provides free, confidential and impartialadvice on people’s rights and responsibilities. Visit their web site and follow the link to their advice services.

Their advice helps people resolve their debt, benefits, housing, legal, discrimination, employment, immigration, consumer and other problems and is available to everyone regardless of race, gender, sexuality, age, nationality, disability or religion.

Where can I find out my rights as a Consumer?

Consumer Rights

The law protects your consumer rights when you buy goods or services. You can get help if you’re treated unfairly or when things go wrong. Rossendale Citizens Advice can give you help and advice or more information for consumers can be found at

Trading Standards enforce legislation controlling the quantity, quality, price, description and safety of most goods and services. If you are experiencing difficulties with goods and services Trading Standards will provide free advice. Contact your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau who will help with initial advice.

Free Legal Advice

Is there anywhere I can get free legal advice? You can contact the Rossendale Citizens Advice who can advise you about free legal advice. Legal aid can help meet the costs of legal advice, family mediation and representation in a court or tribunal. You’ll usually need to show that:

  • your case is eligible for legal aid
  • the problem is serious
  • you can’t afford to pay for legal costs

There is further advice on the following web site:

Alternatively you may want to telephone a solicitor directly to ask them for more information about what legal help they can offer.

 Solicitors in Rossendale

You can find an up to date list of local solicitors on local business listings such as – Solicitors

53340Your Rights and Other Useful Sources of Help and Information