Information on this page was last updated on 06/06/2018
If your injury is not serious you can get help from a minor injuries unit rather than going to Accident and Emergency. This is a nurse led service who will treat minor injuries such as lacerations and fractures.
The following conditions are seen by the MIU:-
- Scalds, Burns, Cuts, Stings, Bites, Suspected broken bones and sprains
- Minor head injuries
- Injuries which although not life threatening do still need urgent medical care
- Removal of foreign bodies from eyes, nose, ears or skin
The following conditions are not seen by the MIU:-
- General Illness, Coughs and colds, Chest Infection and chest problems
- Urine infections, Long standing joint or limb pain, Arthritis, Rashes
- Stomach and bowel problems, Abdominal pains, Headaches
- Dental problems or Maternity issues
- Or patients needing routine re-dressing of wounds, Routine reviews of chronic illness
- Blood pressure checks or Repeat prescriptions or patients unable to get a GP appointment
Location & Map
This service is located within Rossendale Primary Health Care Centre:-
Rossendale Primary Health Care Centre
Minor Injuries Unit
This service is available at the above location between 8.00am to 8.00pm:-
Monday to Friday, Saturday / Sunday and Bank Holidays
Patients unsure of whether they should be treated at the Minor Injuries Unit or access treatment elsewhere should phone NHS 111 (free of charge) for advice.
August 2017 – V1.2
If you spot an error on this page, or have difficulty contacting this organisation please let us know.
Is this your organisation? contact us to find out how we can help to promote your services and activities.