Information on this page was last updated on 14/08/2018
Fern Hill House Care Home is a distinctive period property in a desirable Lancashire market town, occupying a central position in the local community, adjacent to a small communal park and about 100 yards from a variety of shops and amenities.
Fern Hill House Care Home offers a friendly homely environment with accommodation arranged in three levels with 24 single bedrooms accessed by a passenger lift.
- Each bedroom is individually decorated and contains a nurse call system and television points.
- The ground floor dining room adjoins a spacious lounge.
- The home has been thoughtfully designed to maximize space whilst meeting all present fire regulations.
- The home has a modern gas central heating system.
- Bus/tram services are available within walking distance from the home.
- Staff receive fire training and the home boasts a modem fire alarm system, the activation of which alerts staff to follow the home’s procedures which include full evacuation if necessary.
- The care staff are supported by a cook and domestic staff and have professional maintenance resources on call.
- All staff are committed to providing the highest possible standards of care and the home supports ongoing training and development which meet training targets.
- All staff are trained in principals of care, safe working, the role of the carer and the specific needs of the home’s service users.
- Staff are further trained in a variety of areas including food hygiene, moving and handling, first aid and many more.
- General practitioners are available as required and residents may stay with their own doctor if practicable. The services of district nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and dieticians are available via referral. Additionally residents may wish to use the visiting chiropodist, physiotherapist, dentist, optician and hairdressers at their own expense.
- The home employs its own maintenance staff to attend to day-to-day requirements, as well as having contracts with reputable suppliers for the maintenance of the homes lifting equipment, washing and drying machines and general maintenance requirements.
- Our housekeeper provides all domestic services including laundry service on the premises.
- The home’s fire and nurse call systems are regularly maintained by the installer and comply with current legislative requirements.
- External garden areas are available as independent resident access areas, allowing the residents to enjoy the external areas at their free will without the need to have a staff member present at all times.
- The external areas have been cordoned off so the residents are safe and secure.
Address2-8 Todmorden Road
If you spot an error on this page, or have difficulty contacting this organisation please let us know.
Is this your organisation? contact us to find out how we can help to promote your services and activities.