This course is taking place face-to-face at Haslingden Community Link.
It’s never too late to improve physical fitness, to start exercising and reap the rewards that being more active brings! Strength and balance exercise is a programme for older adults, centred around falls prevention. The aim to improve and build core strength and balance, so that people can remain active, mobile and independent for as long as possible.
Supportive, fun and social, sessions are delivered in a relaxed and informal group setting – a great way to exercise and socialise, meet new people and make friends.
Sessions incorporate a mix of chair based, standing and movement exercises using bodyweight, exercise bands and light weights. All tailored to individual abilities, and modifiable so that people can work within their capabilities – with no pressure. If people need to sit down the whole way through, that’s OK too. It’s very low impact and easy-going.
- Wednesdays from 1PM – 2PM
- 30th June, 7th July 14th July & 21st July
- This is a 4-week course for £18 or £6 payg (if there’s space on a course and bookable the day before each class).
- There is a max of 15 spots on a course.
- Spaces are booked online via the GymCatch app. If you don’t have access to a computer/smartphone or aren’t confident booking in this way, Kate can book you on the course manually. Link to the app: bit.ly/BrooksFitnessGymCatch
- A health questionnaire will need to be completed by all who attend.
For more information and help with booking, contact Kate on:
07875 584 383
Terms & Conditions:
To take part in this class you MUST complete a health questionnaire and not be suffering with any contraindications (health conditions), which would mean exercising is not advised. If you are unsure, it’s always best to seek guidance from your GP.
Contraindications include: a recent change in resting ECG, recent myocardial infarction or acute cardiac event, symptomatic severe aortic stenosis, acute pulmonary embolus, acute myocarditis or pericarditis, suspected or known aneurysm, resting systolic blood pressure >180mmHg and/or diastolic blood pressure >100mmHG, uncontrolled angina, acute psychiatric illness, unstable heart failure, new or uncontrolled arrhythmias, other rapidly progressing terminal illness, experience significant drop in blood pressure during exercise, uncontrolled resting tachycardia (>100BPM), febrile illness, experience pain, dizziness or excessive breathlessness during exertion, any other unstable/uncontrolled condition.
All classes are being delivered in-line with Covid-19 guidelines.